Thursday, July 29, 2010

KKSC39 (aka solarcaine please!)


the amazing Michele Boyer is hosting at the Kraftin' Kimmie challenge blog-the samples were so fun that i had to play along!

for my card, i used Kraftin' Kimmie's Beach Bum Miles stamp, and i totally HAD to case/scraplift Andrea Murdock's sunburned buns on Miles- so dang cute- i couldn't refuse!!

i adore Kraftin' Kimmie stamps-they are whimsical, fun and just super cool! they make me smile whenever i see one!! i have a few waiting for me to ink them up, but there's TONS more on my wishlist! :)

this one came together very quickly once i picked the main color- blue! i fanned through my patterned paper pad & as soon as i saw the fishy paper, i knew it was 'it'- the reddish-orange fishies perfectly match Miles' sunburn LOL! i also was happy to play with my new wave die from TCP.

i also used a favorite MFT WSCsketch from Frances for inspo on part of this layout (specifically the semi-circles with the bow/button). this sketch totally rocks & i hope you'll try it out too!


if you look close, one little fishy on the front is popped up. he's hiding a water splotch mess. it's blaringly obvious to me, but it taught me that i didn't need to throw it out or freak out or start all over- just try to fix it & move on. my nephew is going to love this funny card anyway ('bum' humor is all the rage when you're 6 LOL) and i doubt he'll even notice my mistake anyway!it even looks worse in the photo than in person. i point this out to remind you to not be so hard on yourself too- mistakes will happen & it's really ok!!

the inside has lots of room to write a note:


deets:
stamps: Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Beach Bum Miles .
the sentiment is from Kimmie's Beachy Sentiments
ink: memento tuxedo black
paper: mft perfect paper panel, mft cardstocks (snocone, berrylicious), bazzill cardstocks (yosemite blue and a darker blue), patterned paper is from Me & My BIG ideas (the destination paradise pad)
accessories: copic markers, nesties, TCP wave die, TCP divine twine, buttons from MFT summer collection & my stash, dimensionals, glossy accents

thanks for looking! this was fun!
{{GIANT HUGS}}
-g
^o^

4 comments:

Melody said...

Cute! Love the button treatment!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Toooooooooooooooooo cute!! I loveeeeeeee those colors! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Katie Skiff said...

That is so cute!! Great job!! Thanks for your nice comments on my blog! I hope you stop back again!

Chris said...

I had to look for the popped fish, never would have noticed.
I love Kraftin' Kimmee too, mine are all packed, it could be awhile before I see them again.