Thursday, April 15, 2010

a new MFT WSC


please click photo to enlarge

There's a new April Showers theme challenge up for MFT's Wednesday Stamp Club- there's still almost a week left for you to join in & play along too- so please go check it out!

i am battling one fierce allergy-induced headcold- it kept me up almost all night long last night. i hung out in my crafty space and took my mind off it by stamping & coloring into the wee hours!
(on an icky side note- i even tried a sinus cleanse with a squeeze bottle of saline & it didn't help much at all- just miserable!)

i stamped one of my beloved Pure Innocence stamps- My Umbrella for this one onto a MFT perfect paper panel with memento ink, colored her in with my copic markers (i'm learning every time i use them-they are really fun to experiment with!) & cut her out. i had to make her boots match my daughter's pair, and there had to be a rainbow too, right?! ;)

i found a fun raindrop patterned paper in my stash from Bella Blvd (called April Showers even!)for the rainy sky, and a fun patterned paper scrap from the K&Co Girl Scout Specialty paper pad laying around (this particular paper pad has bright fun colors & patterns- Mimi is a Juliette Daisy this year so i was happy to find this paper!)that was perfect for a flowery, hilly 'ground'.
i added some cute baby braddies to the corners too.

i made some fun puffy clouds out of my newest nesties- the large scallop rectangles (great deals on ebay if you're looking for some!)- i then added some bumpy swiss dots with a 'bug embossing folder- oh & every cloud needs a silver lining right? so i drew one around the edge of each cloud with a krylon metallic paint pen. they are popped way up in the sky with thick pop dots. my sweet PI is double popped up so she's up in front of the clouds on the top, and her feet are grounded on the bottom. i just love how this turned out!



inside is fun too, with more clouds, the same fun papers and the 'happy spring' sentiments are stamped from another PI set called My Basket of Eggs.
a line from in Just- one of my favorite poems by e.e. cummings finishes the inside.

here's the whole poem for you:

in Just-
spring when the world is mud-
luscious the little
lame balloonman

whistles far and wee

and eddieandbill come
running from marbles and
piracies and it's
spring

when the world is puddle-wonderful

the queer
old balloonman whistles
far and wee
and bettyandisbel come dancing

from hop-scotch and jump-rope and

it's
spring
and
the

goat-footed

balloonMan whistles
far
and
wee


-e.e. cummings

speaking of Spring- i am LOVING my Picture Spring online workshop with Tracey Clark (founder of Shutter Sisters)i will post all my shots from the workshop after it ends & i've had a chance to edit & adjust everything.
hoping i can get a decent night's rest tonight- i'm beat!
thanks for stopping by!
{{GIANT HUGS}}
-g
xo
^o^

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!!! this is PRECIOUS!! Loveeeeeeeeeeee that rainbow umbrella!! Hope U feel better! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Ouuuuuuuuu! This is too cute for words! LOVE the papers & cloud shapes. And E.E.Cummings--puddle wonderful!!! You're my new stamping idol. I just NEED to get some poetry on my cards. AWEsome work! Thanks for the lovely inspiration & sorry you're feeling under the weather.